Sunday, July 5, 2009

Stop Sinking My Ships Or I'll....Go Back To Sleep!

During this period of complete lack of motivation, good food, and intelligence, I've felt the need to channel my inner sloth. It was Independence Day yesterday. Aliens were getting pwned by computer viruses and Randy Quaid, Bill Pullman was making a sweet Presidential cameo, Will Smith was being Will Smith, Jeff Goldblum was being hot, as usual...complete badassery! And where was I?! I was off in Slumberland. Not the cool Slumberland, either. With Nemo and his shenanigans that set off a chain of events that lead to things that made me ruin my pants as a child. No, not that one. Oh, and if you know what I'm talking about here, we should consider marriage. Like, right now. Vegas, baby! The love of my life is married to someone that isn't me, so why can't I do the same? HA-HA!....*cries*
Anyway, my Slumberland consisted of a creepy house and not much else. It figures. So in my waking hours, I decided to wander back into my Yu Yu Hakusho fandom. When I was in middle school (and last summer), that show was like my life. The characters are REAL, man. STFU, they are too! Of course, I decided to fall for the one character that everyone else seems to find repulsive. I didn't want no stinkin' pretty boy Kurama, or Hiei. Vegeta does that personality type much better, so I'll just stick with him. I am quite fond of Yusuke, but I think my raging teenage hormones wanted something on a superficial level with him. That leaves one more main character: Kuwabara. He's the most manly of the group, and the most likely to be in the closet. I mean this in a loving way, as I have a slashy brain and think all men should be gay together. This leave me, a biological female, out of the equation, but I don't care. *hides stash of fanfiction that has myself paired with him lest I be called a steaming pile of hypocrite* I don't want to see him with Yukina. Ever. It's wrong, and it's boring. I'd rather see him with Yusuke. Again, I don't care if Yusuke is already tied to Keiko. Keiko can GTFO. It makes me sad that there isn't more love for the Kuwabara/Yusuke pairing. In fact, there's not enough love for Kuwabara, period. As usual with the men I fancy, he is vastly underrated. Sure, he may come off as an ignorant buffoon sometimes, maybe a little loud and obnoxious, but so was Billy Mays! Look at his fanbase, and he sold OxiClean, and various other household products. Kuwabara is a lover, a fighter, loyal to his friends even though they treat him like shit, and bringing the sexy like a mofo. Most people don't find him sexy, but I sure do. Gotta love the red curls. Red curls own me. I think it's because I want red curls myself. I was only able to get half of that magical combo. I am pathetic, I know. But I owe Kuwabara SO much. He's the reason I started writing on a regular basis. Hooray for crappy teenage-angst-inspired fanfiction drivel! He made me take my own honor code more seriously. Maybe TOO seriously. And the most important thing of all: it's thanks to Kuwabara that I was introduced to my favorite band, Oingo Boingo.
Yes, that poster in the background! It's a modified version of the album art for Good For Your Soul. An outstanding Boingo album, so Kuwabara's got some seriously awesome taste. What I find really funny/creepy about this is that I'm a redhead, the two boys in the picture are redheads, and Danny Elfman is a [HOLYCRAPGORGEOUS!] redhead. Coincidence? We be takin' over da world. In fact, my YYH obsession ended because I fell head-over-heels in love with Danny/Boingo. Really, it was a long time coming. The Simpsons was my first favorite show and Tim Burton's movies had been giving me kickass nightmares for years. But Kuwabara is responsible for the past year's crazy Elfmania. The crazy Elfmania is why I just spent a billion dollars on a plane ticket to LA (my intentions are pure! I ain't a stalker, people.) Thank you, Kuwabara. Thank you for being you and causing me to fall for a redhead that is actually not an anime character. I am a little less pathetic now. Redheads FTW, live long & prosper, Semper Fi...whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment