Sunday, July 12, 2009

It's a *Deaf* Man's Party.

Went to a party last night. Got a little tipsy. Scornfully gazed at the group of people smoking pot. Was ignored by just about everyone. Listened to a band. Pretty sure people are now suffering from tinnitus and hangovers. I, fortunately, am not.

The band mainly covered Metallica, Megadeth, and Slayer. Of course, I was more than cool with that considering that I've got metal running through my veins. YEEEEEEEEEAH! I've also got gangsta running through my veins. Which reminds me...I don't recall seeing any black people at all there. It always makes me nervous when I'm surrounded by only one race. I always complained that my high school was too white.

Anyway, the singer sounded almost exactly like Phil Anselmo, of Pantera fame. It was pretty fascinating. I'm sure if we'd stayed longer, there would have been a couple Pantera covers.

I kept wondering what it would have been like if there was a Boingo tribute band there instead, with me fronting it. People would likely be WTFing all over the place, since they never get the respect they deserve. Plus, I am certainly no Danny Elfman. His voice is pure heaven, where as mine is...not. At all. Most of the time I'm rather shrieky and all over the place. Everybody with glasses and beer bottles would have to run far, far away or else they'd shatter and cause some serious damage.

However, I have heard that I have a nice singing voice from a few different people. Encouraging, but my cynical side believes they are LYING. Hopefully they aren't, as I would like to sing as a career someday. Hmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Genius. I would've thrown sushi at the potheads, but sushi is too good for them, and I doubt that's the first thing they'd go for when experiencing the munchies. YOU DO SING GUD. VER GUD. *poke* And I am really likin' the tags to these posts. "I'm a Banshee" strikes a real chord in me, you best believe!!

    ReplyDelete